Slow loading of window controls list when opening window formatter

Hi,

Whenever I open the window formatter for any procedure type in the AppGen the control templates load up really slowly. It’s as if the IDE is parsing through all the control template files one by one - each and every time the window formatter is opened. It takes around 5 seconds to get through them all and only after it has finished can I work on the actual window. I have had this before but I cannot remember how I fixed it and it went away by itself.

I have tried resetting the IDE completely and also unregistering and re-registering all the templates. No luck.

Very annoying and a huge time waster problem!

Any ideas are more than welcome. Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

Did you delete the Registry.TRF file? That’s cleaner than unregister.

You could try registering only the ABC templates, then open some example Apps and their windows to see if you have the same slowness. Just curious if you have the problem with that. If not then register all templates and repeat with examples to see if they changed to be slow

Hi Carl,

I did the following (as you suggested):

1. deleted templateregistry11.trf
  2. re-registered only the templates that come with Clarion (no 3rd party stuff)
  3. loaded up the ‘People’ app

Unfortunately, the control templates still loaded up one by one. It was quicker, but that is only because there are so few of them!

Regards,
mark

Maybe here some option might be useful

Hi,
Thank you for the idea but I have tried al of those options. Nothing works. So odd. :frowning:
Regards,
mark

Hi,

After trying everything I could think of I ended up installing version 11.0.0.13630 and it is behaving.
Thank you for your help and ideas. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Mark

You must eliminate Function called as Procedure warnings