Understanding debug screens

Hi All,

This is a follow-up on my problem with the freezing up of my application.
(See How to find a process with a CPU time > 25%? and
Application sometimes freezes up when returning from form to browse)

I installed the debugger on the server and I was able to start the debugger when another user reported a hanging session. I followed the instructions I got here on ClarionHub to examine what is happing. But now I am stuck because I don’t know where I should look for. Attached two screen shots I made. Any suggestions where to look for?

So your goal is to figure out where you are in the program when you’re hanging, and what’s causing it.
Look at the stack track pane
It appears that it starts at the top each successive call is on the next line.
So… try scrolling to the bottom of that pane
and look closely at the code in those calls.

OK, got it. The bottom three are “Unknown” which doesn’t help much. The the one above it is NYSCOMMONCLASS. Too bad I didn’t expand that tree, as I didn’t expect it to be the problem.

But now I know where to look next time, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Russel Eggen of RADFusion had a very good PDF on the Debugger that is a must read.

Someone put it on their GitHub, I want to say @Mark_Sarson ?

I searched my disk but could not find it. I do not know the name of the file so was searching for Debug.PDF and Russ.PDF. Anyone recall the name or partial name?

Edit found this:

1 Like

Thanks for remembering me, I have got that document. Never came to read it, now is the time.