I install over my current X:\Clarion11 but I keep a backup. I also install a “Clean” version with no changes so I have just what SV shipped for every release.
E.g. if X:\Clarion11 in my 11.0.13401 and I am installing 13505
- Copy X:\Clarion11 to X:\Clarion11.13401_Carl to save my 13401
- Delete the BACKUP folder in X:\Clarion11 or it just grows.
- Rename X:\Clarion11 to X:\Clarion11_HIDE_Carl so I can install Clean
- MkDir X:\Clarion11 an empty folder for clean
- Install 13505 to X:\Clarion11
- Rename X:\Clarion11 as X:\Clarion11.13505_Clean
- Rename X:\Clarion11_HIDE_Carl back to X:\Clarion11 so I have my custom version
- Install 13505 to X:\Clarion11 so my Custom version is updated
- Run Clarion and register the tremplates
Now I can compare files the new 13505_Clean to my previously saved in 13401_Clean to see only what SV changed
Then I compare X:\Clarion11 to my X:\Clarion11.13401_Carl version to see how my install changed
I modify the shipping Templates and LibSrc
I can reverse back to prior versions by renaming folders.
I think on ClarionMag Dave Harms has an article on how he deals with new releases.