Any way to increase the contrast of controls in the window designer?

Does anyone know of a way to increase the contrast of controls in the window designer?

I’m struggling to see the grey outline of some controls like the buttons when they are at the bottom of a window. I’ve toggled the Window Designer, Switch Use Visual Styles which toggles between manifest and win2k look and feel, but its still not cutting it on the monitor I’m working with.

I’ve seen this thread which looks like a discussion on the look and feel of running apps Dark mode apps with Clarion? - questions - ClarionHub

And I’ve seen this thread which looks like a discussion on creating custom controls in Clarion which might be worth investigating further, How to create custom designer controls for the IDE - ide / Customization - ClarionHub but the screen shots still dont have enough contrast.

So is there a manifest file the IDE is using in the window designer, and if so does anyone know where it is and if it can be altered to add more contrast?

Failing that, any windows system wide suggestions besides going full on High Contrast?

TIA

Edit.

For now I’ve created a png file in paint which is all grey and set this as the background for the window using the window designer properties, but it has the side effect of making the buttons look like win2k buttons and not manifested buttons in the designer.

The windows Calibrate wizard didnt make a difference.

Would you have an easier time if you shut this setting off?

or you could just toggle it

I’ve tried both Jeff, its the laptop monitor thats letting me down as I didnt have this problem on my Philips 243V7 monitors.

Windows Calibrate makes a minor improvement for the whole of windows but nothing beats a decent monitor.

1 Like