In Memory of Brahn Partridge. 4th January 1977 – 29th October 2021

This is such tragic news. So talented and so young. He will be missed. :frowning:

I’ve always been in awe of what he could do in Clarion.
Quite a loss for the Clarion community. My heart goes out to his family.

Yes, he had lots of great and original ideas, and made them work. His Github account is full of knowledge.

Indeed. I believe a site like ClarionHub, that Brahn started and moderated for years, is key to the long-term viability of Clarion as a supported development ecosystem.

Also, very admirable that still a few weeks ago, he was trying to help the Clarion community. His last post here: Clarion Developer Needed - Upwork

He will be missed.

1 Like

Sad news indeed, we worked together for a while… Sorry to hear.

A very big contribution indeed. Would be nice to always see a Brahn credit on the About page.

I first met Brahn in 1998. At that time he was studying music at university and working at an Indian takeaway restaurant in Neutral Bay. We were chatting whilst the food was being prepared and it turned out he was playing with HTML. He ended up building my first website… it was his first too!

I introduced him to Clarion and he worked for me for a number of years contributing enormously. When he moved on he excelled. Brahn was the greatest Clarion programmer I’ve ever known, and his abilities went well and truly beyond that.

Brahn was an absolutely brilliant man. More than a great developer. A beautiful human being.

I’m so very very sad.

You’ll always be remembered Brahn. Rest in peace.

8 Likes

So sad to hear one of out comrades passing on. My heart goes out his family and friends. Indeed he was a great contributor to this community. RIP Brahn

1 Like

Wow. No words. Brahn was so easy to work with and a pleasure. I’m blown away by hearing this. I know he moved down to Melbourne and met him at a pub for dinner there a few years back.

May he Rest In Peace and my condolences to his family.

-Robert Paresi

1 Like

This is heartbreaking. Such sorrow and loss for his family.

Far, far, FAR too young. RIP, my friend, you are missed.

What a terrible news. I got to know Brahn when he lived in Holland for a while. He came to our Clarion user group meetings a few times then. He was clearly a good Clarion programmer helping others. I also met him a few times at Parnassos Cultural Centre of the Utrecht University where was in a band.

I will miss him.
R.I.P. Brahn

Very sorry to hear this.
R.I.P.

Such sad news, he has helped so many of us.
R.I.P.

R.I.P. You will be missed

So sad :frowning: RIP Brahn!

Very sad news and way too young. RIP Brahn.

Sorry to hear this… May God grant him eternal life and give console to his Family!

Very Sad to read this- great contributor to Clarion.

many thanks to Brahn for clarion hub and the resources found here.

Thank you Brahn Partidge.

Thank you all for the lovely comments. It is very touching to read how well respected he was in this community.
I am Rebecca, Brahn’s wife.

I am slowly going through Brahn’s projects and sorting things out. I hope very much that this ClarionHub that he started and helped moderate can continue well into the future. If you have any issues with things Brahn was managing or outstanding projects with him, need source code for old projects etc, please get in touch with me.

1 Like