Update to Neutrino Search with Cool Themes

Here is the second instance of my Open Source code.
This release can theme your Clarion App in a never seen before way.
You design your app like always, then, you activate the template and at runtime, the magic occurs.
Yes, I know, I could charge you $ 200.00USD (kidding) for the engine. But you know what is cooler? Open Source and a donation here In Memory of Brahn Partridge. 4th January 1977 – 29th October 2021
Anyway, take a look at the code, same repo as Neutrino Search. https://github.com/MadGeniusSystems/Clarion-Neutrino-Search
One quick Template. Add the Global Extension to your app, add the extension to your window. Choose your PNG image for the button, add the Hot_xxxx.png image to your app (or ship the “hot” image and the end user can change the icons later) and you will have your app themed in no time!
You don’t like dark themes? Edit the CLW files on the theme folder, and you can make your App look like anything you want.
The theme recognizes REQ, RO and more entry fields.
YMMV.
RAD

Clarion regular design…

Themed (at runtime) App

Does it support window title bar and menu bar theming? Does it support OS theme changes?

Where one can find it please?

Good day:

Nope. Should not be that hard to implement, but I focused only on buttons, entry fields, styles…

But that is the beauty of Open Source, the code is there, feel free to modify it. MIT License.

Regards

1 Like

Good day:

You can download it here:

You can also clone the repo.

Do not forget to unpack the buttons.zip file. GIT wasn’t too happy handling that many icons.

The app should cleanly compile, also, I only applied the theme to the Browse_CSV procedure.

Regards

1 Like

Good evening…
Thank you for your kind offer…
Tried to open app file but I get errors about missing templates: ClarionUIX(ClarionUIX) & ClarionUIXCreator(ClarionUIX)…
Where can I found them?

TIA
Theodore

Good day:

Inside a folder called Templates. You need to register it.

Regards

Hello again…
There’s no such folder in Github…
Only folders there, are Panels and Resources…
Also, there’s no file Buttons.zip

TIA
Theodore

1 Like

Good day:

Files uploaded.

Regards

Hello again…
Just downloaded github again… Will try again soon…
Thank you very much…
Theodore

Good day:

Did you like the theme engine?

Regards

Hello…
I managed to compile and run without errors…
Engine feels pretty cool… I’ll have more time during weekend to make more tests… And try to apply to some small projects of my own…
Thank you very much again…

Theodore

Very well.

Please tell your friends.

Also, if able, a donation will be appreciated.

Regards

Can I use the template with C10? I don’t have C11 yet…

Good day:

Yes you can, I just updated the TXA and you can import it on C10.

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for the theme engine. Looks very good.
I have a problem with the resize?
the window after several startups does not show the same position?

Regards Frits.

Good day:

Add the RESIZE extension to your window. The theme will re-draw everything at the end of the END OF RESIZE.

Best regards

Hello,

It works fine with ABC.
But some of my programs are using Clarion Legacy.
I have try it but does not work.
Is it possible to make it work under Legacy?

Regards Frits.

Good day:

The good thing about Open Source, is that you can inspect the code and adapt it to your particular needs.

Being honest, I am not going to adapt it to legacy. I lack the time (as I mentioned before, coding is not my day job) and I lack the motivation.

But you could read the Template, and create a second one to insert the proper calls to the right embed points. I even implemented the class on hand coded projects with no issues whatsoever.

Remember, the template masks the calls. The real magic is in the class.

Regards