New (almost from scratch) browse control

If it was on github, I’d definitely want to check it out. Looks pretty neat-o. Would help if you had a name, as well. :slight_smile:

Good day.

It’s ok.

I will make it a GitHub Project, along with my Photon Search Engine (100 times faster than fuzzy search), MechaTheme Engine (never waste your time themeing your Clarion app again).

Everything is pure clarion code.

Contains a bunch of mistakes and bad practices, but hey, open source, right? Someone smarter than me should be able to make it better and mistakes free. I am just thinking of a proper license, maybe GNU or maybe CC.

Stay tuned

a lot of Clarion people use MIT License

please don’t use any restrictive license that might hinder people using your software - make sure you use a permissive license like MIT or maybe BSD.

I’d be interested to have a look at your code too.

thanks and cheers

Geoff R

1 Like

Wow! I would definitely use this!

Edgard

MIT License will be used.

4 Likes

Good day.
I am not looking for payment. I want to open source it. I have been busy, but yes. Data Qs are well documented, clear concise and easy to read. The Classes are also well documented, and I will put defaults just in case. You can easily modify the Classes, and on most instances, you can copy/past them into new classes and get super results.
Should be out by the weekend.
You will be free to clone the GitHub Repo.

If you guys feel generous, after using the code and Wowing your customers, please make a donation to In Memory of Brahn Partridge. 4th January 1977 – 29th October 2021

Be patient

Coding is not my day job.

Regards

1 Like

Is this interesting looking example up on github yet? Very interested in seeing what this does.

Good day:

Nope, not yet. I have been busy, but it will be posted soon.

Regards

Looks very interesting and im sure people can edit it to their programming styles as they desire…

Which with the huge effort from the team at clarion live is moving us all long with interesting ideas.

Good day:

Uploaded the basic skeleton today to GitHub.

Work in progress… No warranties at all…

Kidding. I will make time to update it and mimic the whole functionality of SV’s Browse control. I am just too busy nowadays. But it till happen.

In the meanwhile, take a look. fix the evident mistakes (yes, I left some small problems on purpose).

Make a donation to you know who.

Be good

Warm regards

very interested in the Window frame extension code for extending standard windows and the Photon example…

Good day:

The sample is there for you to take.

I am not yet ready to release the source code of Photon.

I might eventually.

Warm regards

Hi repeated question i suppose where is the GITHUB example for window frame extensions?

or somewhere else to look at the code?

many thanks

Good day:

I posted the REPO a few days ago.

Here it is…

Regards

Is the windows API for your frame extensions also included in that code…

just looking for window styling API’s

Yup
Everything is there…
Regards

This ? INCLUDE(‘photon.inc’),ONCE

Hello…

Should be there… Or is it?

Regards

Maybe I misunderstood…

The REPO with Neutrino Search contains the code to actually modify the look and feel of the apps at runtime.

The REPO with GDI Browse contains the example for creating a very different browse, it is incomplete but sets the foundation and you can easily manipulate the example. Photon.inc contains some API calls. And some other calls are right there in the APP.

Regards

The best way to be sure your Repo is buildable is for you to download the Zip from GitHub and in a new Test folder unzip it. See if it will build. If that works look in your OBJ folder at the xxx.FileList.XML to see where the files are coming from. Be sure they all come from the unzip Test folder not your LibSrc unless they are supposed to like ABC files.

I do not see this file from GDI_Browse.clw in any repo INCLUDE('_photon_.inc'),ONCE

note it is wrapped in underscored that in the markdown used by this site show as italics unless it is marked as code.