PostgreSQL - limit to 15

Is there any way to make Clarion ABC\Legacy templates to add a LIMIT clause to the query it builds.

If not where could I manually inject that code

Select * from customer
where CloseDate=0
Order by Account
limit 15;

I’m not at a computer right now, but I believe from memory you use prop:hint to do this. Check out the help for prop:hint maybe

I will check it out - thanks

Arnor posted this – Never knew there were Callback options for this
“SQLCallBackInterface” in filecb.inc

Dan Pressnell wrote a class and template years ago that added this ability. to ABC browses. I believe it is this one here:

https://www.icetips.com/downloadfile.php?FileID=55

Hi Kevin.

Do you want to do it in a browse or your own code using PROP:SQL?

Thys

I was able to get it working with a version of the code from icetips.

Using the sql/odbc callback feature

Kevin

C-415.819.1415
Communication is the key to a successful relationship.

I don’t know if I understood your question correctly but I use this statement to limit records returning from SQL by excuting Prop:SQL

SELECT *
FROM YourTableName
ORDER BY id DESC
OFFSET 10 ROWS
FETCH NEXT 3 ROWS ONLY

HTH

Regards

Thank you this is a similar approach, but I had to contend with the IDE generator and ended up hooking into the SQL callback feature for the ODBC driver which allowed me to modify the select statement.

I feel native sql driver is more reliable than ODBC as it has never failed me with clarion, and any solution I find in the Sql management studio can be applied from clarion easily with only using prop:sql.

Of course this is all from my own personal experience .

Best regards

Using PostgreSQL not MS Sql

Kevin

C-415.819.1415
Communication is the key to a successful relationship.

You did not mention this anywhere and usually SQL understood as MS SQL and normally each type SQL has a different way in dealing with such cases.

2 Likes

You are correct - I did seem to not mention my SQL backend. I did in all my other n+ post. Sorry. I will try and be more attentive next time :slight_smile:

…and in other worlds, usually SQL understood as PG.

1 Like

…with respect in another world PG stands for Parental Guidance but not here for sure because this is a technical forum in this WORLD so we don’t have to mention other worlds.