Transaction cancelled - Error: Unable To Log Transaction (48)) attempting to frame the transaction

Two weeks ago, one of my clients got this error:

‘Error: Unable To Log Transaction (48)) attempting to frame the transaction on WKProsjekt!PosGlass.’

After 6 hours, the error disappears.

Today, exactly 2 weeks after, a new error appears:

‘Error: Unable To Log Transaction (48)) attempting to frame the transaction on WKProsjekt!PosBeslag.’

And after 2 hours, the error disappears again.

First time, only the PosGlass table generates the error, and second time, only the PosBeslag table. They are both used in the same Form in a similar way. There are also four more tables in the same Form that works in the same way. And they are all in WKProsjekt.tps.

The application with this Form has been working without any problems for 10 years.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing it?

Maybe the boss (or whomever) had a special window opened that locks the file, but they only come to work every 2 weeks or so?

The application runs on a remote external server, so it must be something the provider does.

I remember using multiple tables in a single file, used to be working nicely. But I also remember using a TCF file for managing transactions across the network. I can’t remember the detail but have a look in the Clarion help for “TCF”. Maybe by using a TCF file in the same folder as the TPS file, you’ll make some progress to solve it.

It happened again one week ago, but only for a few minutes. This time it was in another table in the same TPS file.

The application is on a remote server and it is not a local network. And the TCF file is in the same folder as the TPS file.

Another client running the same application in the same way never gets this error.

You could run into this problem if someone else was in a transaction and a window was open. The transaction locks the files.
Another cause, similar, is if someone is in a transaction and the system blows up, or they logout and leave the program running, or some other cause that basically leave an open transaction.
After a period it times out and can be released.

Do you use LOGOUT where transactions are created?

No, it’s a regular template form with several list boxes with child records.

no disk space or memory, or, table already locked.
Is this using the TPS driver?

Yes, it uses the TPS driver.

There is a lot of disk space on this server and there is 24 GB of memory, so it is not likely.

If the file was locked I don’t know, but I think if it was I would get another errorcode.

And there have been no transaction errors in the last 3 weeks.

Maybe I should have used Transaction Manager in this Form. Are there any examples of how to use it in a Form?

Maybe I should have used Transaction Manager in this Form. Are there any examples of how to use it in a Form?

not sure, i always did most of the data processing in source procedures using the logout/commit/rollback from the clarion language directly